Saturday, September 5, 2009

ANOTHER DREAM



Back in June or July sometime, I had a dream involving a female friend of mine. For privacy reasons, I won't disclose her name. And she's not a close friend of mine, necessarily, though we've had a few fun times together. I remember this dream very vividly, and that's why I'm able to go recite it's moments so acutely. I don't know what it means, and part of me doesn't care. Maybe you can tell me more. We're on my bed, and... well, I guess we're having sex and I'm at her from behind or something. This is a crude but important detail. If you know my room and the way my bed is positioned, you'll see why this point matters.

My window is wide open without a screen. The blinds are retracted completely and the sky, from what I remember, is overcast. At some point I catch something coming closer and closer to the window. Something flying. A tropical parrot comes flying into my room and I catch it between my thumb and index finger. Instead of the bird squishing and subsequently squawking at me, it folds itself like an accordion, so it's as thin as a piece of paper. "Look Tina, it's a parrot," I exclaim at my friend. She just mutters something with a wide smile.

I looked behind her and on the bed were two turkey vultures, cocking their heads back and forth.

No comments: