Tuesday, September 15, 2009

LET'S MOVE TO THE COUNTRY



It's weird to be back home after six days away on the road. I'm sitting back in my room, looking at all the junk I have around that I truly kid myself into believing I need. It feels to me like everything I needed was in my two bags, or somewhere else in the van. My backpack with 6 shirts, 4 pairs of pants, numerous under-garments and toiletries, while the other housed my books, laptop, camera, Rubix cube and various wires for media transferring. I think I could've lived like that for awhile, but by the end of the trip I was certainly itching to do some laundry.

I've started writing about the tour in spurts, when I remember certain details or how things went about going on. It was a really fun time, and taught me a lot of things about making music, being in a band, and doing it all independently at that. It was definitely a step that had to be taken, and it will be interesting to observe exactly what influences it will have on the four of us as a working whole, creatively and otherwise. It'll probably take me a solid week of writing-- whenever I have time-- to achieve any sort of coherence, to make anything worth reading from an outsider's perspective. But I'll get there.

No comments: