Thursday, December 11, 2008

THE STREAM WAS SWIFT IT WAS CLEAR, BUT THE LIGHT WAS GETTING GREY

copyright 2008 myfathermyking

Today I woke up in my own bed for the first time in three days. We've been in the recording studio for a few days up in Newmarket and I haven't felt the need to commute home, so I stayed at Will's. The process has been educationally rewarding thus far, having laid the bare-bones live recordings down and only really begun the overdubs (I was stellar and speedy with my guitar takes, much to everyone's delight). I'd reckon we still have about three full days of work to do. I'm so happy to be finished with a few of these songs, two out of the six we're recording were written over a year ago. We have a bunch of sub-par versions of them kicking around, not to mention an excess of live recordings. I'm glad we'll never have to record them again. Right now we're kicking around ideas for what the name of the EP will be... any suggestions? Marshmallow, bones, dossier, watches, free apples? It's all up in the air. But yes, six songs clocking in at about a half hour of entertainment, to be ready and released in January. I'm so happy I could scream.

Last week I made the mistake of not buying a ticket before boarding the Viva bus with some friends. It was around 1:00a, we'd all had a lot to drink, and we thought we could get away with it-- only needing to take three stops, and all. Unfortunately the six-pack of Rickard's that we were holding must've tipped the fare-enforcers off, as they cornered us at the first stop after we got on. So now I need to hike back up to Newmarket sometime next week to try to barter down my $150 ticket. The fucking one time I don't buy a ticket I get busted, honestly. And right before the holidays!

In other news, does anybody want to go to New York next September with me? C'mon, ontop of the Flaming Lips and both Animal Collective & Panda Bear, fucking Dirty Three are performing Ocean Songs?!?! What more could you want???

Today I'm not going to leave my house. It's too cold outside & I can't afford to spend any money.

No comments: