Thursday, December 4, 2008

FIRST POST? SAME AS THE LAST POST

In my boredom it appears I've gone and made another vanity blog, complete with a digital mirror. Although I believe my days of online publishing are over, I often find myself yearning for another forum to voice my thoughts and observations. Do I have any idea what the content of this page will be? No, but I promise I will be honest-- for the most part.

My name is Spencer & I'm twenty-two and a half years old. My hair is brown and my eyes are arguably blue. During the day I work at some modest coffee shop *cough* and at night I sing and play the guitar in a rock band called Woodward Company. You should check us out! If you want.

Tomorrow I'm going to see both NEIL YOUNG and WILCO. I'm ridiculously excited. I've always kind of compared Jeff Tweedy to Mr. Young for some reason, maybe because of their similar electric guitar squeals (like "I'm the Man Who Loves You" and anything off A Ghost is Born), but I never thought I'd see them share a stage. My head may or may not explode, maybe this is both the first and last post of this blog after all. We shall see.

Do you like Neil Young? Here is a song called "See the Sky About to Rain", a mournful number from On the Beach, the second album from Neil's ditch trilogy:



That song makes me miss my girlfriend. Do you also pine for your absent significant other? Please let me know how you feel.

It's getting reasonably late and I work early. It's been real!

No comments: